So, Wallin will leave Toronto and likely plays in SEL next season. Hockeyexpressen has multiply articles about this, here's couple of them.
Färjestad has gathered home stars who will lead the team to gold again.
After Christian Berglund decided to return, Rickard Wallin did the same.
- It's good that he avoids threatening me now..., says Wallin to HockeyExpressen.se
Färjestad has got the last piece in place in team construction which will give SM-gold.
And it's not bad piece.
Rickard Wallin has now decided to fly home and leave Toronto, nationalteam center has signed 4-year deal.
- Färjestad is my team in Sweden and I have always said that if I play somewhere in Europe it will be Färjestad, says Wallin.
Wallin is one of many stars who will come back to the team. Earlier Jonas Frogren, Christian Berglund and Pelle Prestberg re-joined the team.
- I think the team looks very good, Färjestad has done some clevert signings and now I get the chance to play with few of my best friends and it's huge advantage, says Rickard Wallin.
The playoffs were bit of fiasko for Färjestad but now will the team instead repeat the gold success from 2009.
- There's material to play really well.
What are the arguments for new gold?
- It's hard to talk about playoffs already. But it's always the goal for Färjestad to win the gold. It's also reason why I want to come home and to be part of this, it's terrific team.
Whether Wallin becomes the captain again remains to see.
- We haven't talked about it at all, says he.
Earlier threatened team mate Christian Berglund to give Wallin a beating if he doesn't come home to Färjestad too.
Now it's only Walle (wallin) left. If he doesn't come, he gets beaten, joked Berglund.
- I read it, and it's nice that he avoids to threaten me now...
- I tried to persuade him when I played here so it was a little payback for him.
- It will be very cool to play together again. It was ten years ago when we last played together in league tea,, we will see if we can find each other as well on the ice as before, says Rickard Wallin.
Linky to the original Swedish one.
Clear for Färjestad - but can go to NHL
Rickard Wallin, 30, is clear to Färjestad.
But he has possibility to leave the team if right NHL deal shows up before June 15th.
- Most likely it will be Färjestad and it feels really good, says Rickard Wallin to HockeyExpressen.se.
Rickard Walline became Färjestad's last piece in star construction that will take the SM-gold.
Wallin left Toronto after one season and signed a 4-year deal with Färjestad.
But there says in the NHL-agreement that all Swedish players have opportunity to leave their teams for a NHL contract until June 15th, so even Rickard Wallin.
- There still is a NHL agreement and an opportunity to play there if right possibility shows up, says Wallin himself to HockeyExpressen.se.
"Most likely Färjestad"
– But most likely it will be Färjestad and it feel very great.
What it takes for you to choose NHL again?
- That there would come an offer which I'm satisfied with. But there's no point to speculate about it now, we take it when it comes and if it comes. The starting point is Färjestad now, says Rickard Wallin.
Linky the the second one